Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How we use your personal information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics and Google Ads to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
There are 3rd-party partners we use that may access some of the data we store about you in order to provide their services effectively:
- A2 Hosting (website hosting).
- Stripe (payment processing).
- Google (data storage, YouTube, Analytics and Ads).
- Facebook/Instagram (advertising and social media).
- Campaign Monitor (email marketing).
You may visit their respective websites to find more information on the specifics on their privacy policies.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Behavioural advertising includes remarketing. Remarketing is an advertising method where previously engaged users are targeted with advertising messages that reflect their previous engagement with our Site.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information as required by Australian law (including fraud detection) for legal and taxation purposes. We operate our business in the state of Queensland.
Additionally, our payment processing provider, Stripe, will also retain records related to your orders in their locations around the world to comply with their own regulatory requirements in those jurisdictions.
This information will be stored indefinitely and may not be deleted even upon your request.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
CAZA BJJ Shop
PO Box 1173,
Noosa Heads, QLD
Last update: 1:26 pm, Sunday 12th of April 2020